PSHEE is Personal, Social, Health and Economics Education.
It aims to help pupils to lead confident, healthy and responsible lives as individuals and members of society.
The programmes of study in PSHEE help pupils to:
- deal with the spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues they face as they approach adulthood
- reflect on their experiences and how they are developing
- understand and manage responsibly a wider range of relationships as they mature
- show respect for the differences between people
- enhance their emotional well-being and self-esteem, encouraging belief in their ability to succeed
- acquire healthy habits to keep themselves and others safe
- take responsibility for their learning and future choice of courses and career
- understand the responsibilities of individuals, groups and organisations in playing active parts as members of a democratic society
PSHEE has links with most areas of the curriculum and supports the pastoral care and mentoring of pupils across the school.